A sweet tree is a lovely addition to any party, communion or wedding. You can be extravagant and use Ferrero Rocher for a glamorous feel or how about marshmallows or jellies for a fun birthday party! They look great but are very easy to create yourself.
You will need :
Polystyrene Ball ( we used 15cm )
How to make it :
- Mix the plaster and pour into the bucket. Allow to set but push the dowel into the plaster when it has started to harden . Do NOT add the dowel too late or it will crack already hardened plaster. Ensure the dowel is straight.
- Push the top of the dowel into the ball when the plaster has fully set.
- If using covered sweets add them to the ball using cocktail sticks or a glue gun. Be careful though , don't melt the chocolate.
- If using unwrapped sweets, cover the ball in cellophane first. Attach the sweets using cocktail sticks or royal icing.
- Add coloured ribbons around to the dowel and tie a big bow with a matching ribbon.
- Cover the exposed plaster with loose wrapped sweets or coloured pebbles if you have no sweets left.
Tip 2 : Always buy more sweets than you think you might need. It takes 90 Ferrero Rocher to cover a 15cm Ball